Health Professional Resources
Lake Superior Hospice Has a Blog!
We have a resource for those caring for individuals with chronic terminal illness or loved ones facing end of life. — its good to know you are not alone. Lake Superior Hospice Medical Director Dr. Skendzel has helped to develop a blog which aims to provide resources, information and support for caregivers in our local community.
Blog Website: http://lakesuperiorcaregivers.com/
Community Care Supportive Services
What is Community Care?
– Compassionate healthcare that adds a layer of unique support for the family and patient as they face symptom burden and treatment options related to their chronic diagnosis
What patients can expect:
-Customized weekly contact and 24 hour telephone support with certified staff
-Assistance with prescription concerns, disease trajectory, resource identification, family conferencing, and advance care planning
– Referrals to community resources
– Advance Care Planning and education
Who Qualifies for Community Care?
-Chronically ill individuals needing support that do not meet hospice or home health criteria
– Individuals diagnosed with COPD, HF, Cancer, CVA, or other debilitating/life threatening issues discharged from rehabilitation, hospital, or hospice settings
For More Information or any Questions Regarding Community Care Supportive Services Please Call 906-225-7760
The Upper Peninsula Children’s Bereavement Network CAMP STAR will provide a relaxed and safe setting for campers to explore their feelings and offer hope to children who have experienced a loss through death.
Our goal is to help grieving children realize that they are not alone, and that in life, there is hope.
What is CAMP STAR?
- Alcohol and drug abuse.
- Anger and hostility.
- Sleep disturbances.
- Issues with learning and focus.
- Emotional frustration and confusion.
- Question their own morality.
- Promotes community growth.
- They learn healthy coping skills.
- They form language and explore emotions.
- Feel accepted and not alone.
- CAMP STAR offers fun without guilt.