Health Professional Resources
Lake Superior Hospice Now Has a Blog!
There is a new blog in town! We now have a resource for those caring for individuals with chronic terminal illness or loved ones facing end of life. — its good to know you are not alone. Lake Superior Hospice Medical Director Dr. Skendzel has helped to develop a blog which aims to provide resources, information and support for caregivers in our local community. Check out Dr. Skendzel’s first piece titled “Arrivals and Departures”. More blog posts coming soon!
Blog Website: http://lakesuperiorcaregivers.com/
Community Care Supportive Services
What is Community Care?
– Compassionate healthcare that adds a layer of unique support for the family and patient as they face symptom burden and treatment options related to their chronic diagnosis
What patients can expect:
-Customized weekly contact and 24 hour telephone support with certified staff
-Assistance with prescription concerns, disease trajectory, resource identification, family conferencing, and advance care planning
– Referrals to community resources
– Advance Care Planning and education
Who Qualifies for Community Care?
-Chronically ill individuals needing support that do not meet hospice or home health criteria
– Individuals diagnosed with COPD, HF, Cancer, CVA, or other debilitating/life threatening issues discharged from rehabilitation, hospital, or hospice settings
For More Information or any Questions Regarding Community Care Supportive Services Please Contact:
Kate LaBeau, RN
The Upper Peninsula Children’s Bereavement Network CAMP STAR will provide a relaxed and safe setting for campers to explore their feelings and offer hope to children who have experienced a loss through death.
Our goal is to help grieving children realize that they are not alone, and that in life, there is hope.
What is CAMP STAR?
- Alcohol and drug abuse.
- Anger and hostility.
- Sleep disturbances.
- Issues with learning and focus.
- Emotional frustration and confusion.
- Question their own morality.
- Promotes community growth.
- They learn healthy coping skills.
- They form language and explore emotions.
- Feel accepted and not alone.
- CAMP STAR offers fun without guilt.
For More Information on Camp Star Feel Free to Contact:
Certified Child Life Specialist
580 West College Avenue
Marquette, MI 49855
Phone: (906) 225-3081
Fax: (906) 225-4841
Kind of Care
Here at Lake Superior Hospice we can provide compassionate end of life care for you or a loved one dealing with a life-limiting illness. Research shows that 8 out of 10 Americans would want to stay in their homes surrounded by family and loved ones if they were faced with a life-limiting illness. Hospice can make this happen. Lake Superior Hospice creates a personal and specialized plan of care to ensure each patient and their families are getting the care they deserve.
- 2014 Upper Great Lakes Palliative Care and Hospice Conference Sponsors
- Second Annual Hops for Hospice Scheduled for November
- The Second Annual Upper Great Lakes Palliative Care and Hospice Conference Set for October
- Dates Set for Second Annual Upper Great Lakes Palliative Care and Hospice Conference
- Keynote Speakers Announced