LSH Hiring Hospice RN Case Manager
Hospice Registered Nurse Case Manager
LSH is seeking attentive, positive and compassionate Registered Nurse Case Managers to join our clinical team.
Our team members adhere to the highest standards, not only in their work but in character. Each team member is expected to: exhibit strong levels of teamwork with respect and accountability, communicate clearly and honestly, be compassionate and accepting of all persons, and confidently perform tasks to the best of their knowledge and ability with the utmost confidence in themselves and our organization.
- A hospice case manager nurse is a registered nurse (RN) who is responsible for overseeing the care of hospice patients. Hospice case managers have been specially trained in evaluating and caring for the terminally ill patient and their family or caregivers. The hospice case manager nurse is an expert at recognizing and evaluating symptoms. They work closely with the hospice physician to treat distressing symptoms and improve patient comfort.
- A hospice case manager nurse educates families and/or caregivers on recognizing symptoms and providing safe and competent care for the patient. They offer emotional and practical support for both the patient and their family/caregivers. The case manager nurse must have excellent communication and time management skills and be comfortable around dying patients. They should be compassionate and patient and respect the unique differences of their patients.
The hospice case manager nurse works as a part of the palliative care team. They supervise the care of home health aides (HHA).They work closely with the hospice social worker, chaplain, and volunteers to coordinate physical, emotional, and spiritual care of the patient and family.
Qualified candidates will have 2 years minimum RN experience, MI RN licensure, valid driver’s license and BLS certification. CHPN certification preferred.
Compensation is dependent on experience. We offer a benefit package and orientation program.
LSH is Marquette County’s only non-profit hospice, serving the community since 1979. We offer competitive wages and benefits. Download an application and send application, cover letter, resume and three professional references to:
Nadine Reller RN BSN
Director of Clinical Services
Lake Superior Hospice
914 W. Baraga Ave.
Marquette, MI 49855
- Local Clothing Boutique Donates to Lake Superior Hospice
- Michigan Governor Recognizes Contributions of Hospice and Palliative Care
- Lake Superior Hospice Medical Director, Dr. Larry Skendzel Awarded the HPCAM Dream Team – Physician Award
- Dr. Skendzel Selected for Donald W. Reynolds Mini-Fellowship
- LSH is Celebrating National Social Work Month