NMU Hockey Meet & Greet at Jacobetti – Sponsored by Lake Superior Hospice
MARQUETTE — Veterans in Marquette spent some time on Saturday with a bit of a younger generation: the NMU Wildcat Hockey Team. They spent time getting to know the veterans at the D.J. Jacobetti Home for Veterans.
The players autographed their season schedules for the veterans and talked about things ranging from hockey to living in Marquette to fighting in wars.
“It was pretty cool to talk to a couple of them and just see where they came from, their roots,” said Team Captain Justin Florek. “I talked to a couple people who said they played hockey back in the ’40s, and it’s just really cool that they love hockey. They come to our games every now and then, and it’s really special to be here for them.”
Lake Superior Hospice helped organize the event.
- Local Clothing Boutique Donates to Lake Superior Hospice
- Michigan Governor Recognizes Contributions of Hospice and Palliative Care
- Lake Superior Hospice Medical Director, Dr. Larry Skendzel Awarded the HPCAM Dream Team – Physician Award
- Dr. Skendzel Selected for Donald W. Reynolds Mini-Fellowship
- LSH is Celebrating National Social Work Month