When is it Time?
Hospice care is specialized medical care for people with a serious illness. The goal is to improve comfort and quality of life for both the patient and the family. Each person and their family must decide whether and when hospice is the right path. Below is a list of things to consider when deciding if hospice is right for you.
- Treatment isn’t working and it has more down sides than ups.
- Emergency room visits and hospitalizations have become too frequent and overwhelming.
- Pain relief and obtaining comfort has become the top priority.
- The family caregiver is worn down and needs that extra layer of support that hospice care can provide.
To qualify for hospice, a physician must certify that you are hospice eligible. Talk to your physician today about your options for hospice care.
Anyone can contact Lake Superior Hospice for help to decide whether hospice care is appropriate. If you are having a difficult time getting a referral for hospice care and you feel your loved one might benefit from it, please feel free to contact us so that we can help with the process 906.225.7760
- Local Clothing Boutique Donates to Lake Superior Hospice
- Michigan Governor Recognizes Contributions of Hospice and Palliative Care
- Lake Superior Hospice Medical Director, Dr. Larry Skendzel Awarded the HPCAM Dream Team – Physician Award
- Dr. Skendzel Selected for Donald W. Reynolds Mini-Fellowship
- LSH is Celebrating National Social Work Month