Hospice care does not cost patients anything out of pocket. It is covered by Medicare, most insurance plans and some AHCCCS plans, which pays for health care for low-income individuals.
The Hospice Medicare Benefit covers all services related to the terminal diagnosis: medical and nursing care, social services and counseling, chaplain services, nurse’s aides for personal care in the home, medications delivered to the home, medical equipment and supplies, and inpatient hospice home care.
Because Lake Superior Hospice is a non-profit, no one is denied care because of inability to pay.
If you have financial questions, please contact us.
- Local Clothing Boutique Donates to Lake Superior Hospice
- Michigan Governor Recognizes Contributions of Hospice and Palliative Care
- Lake Superior Hospice Medical Director, Dr. Larry Skendzel Awarded the HPCAM Dream Team – Physician Award
- Dr. Skendzel Selected for Donald W. Reynolds Mini-Fellowship
- LSH is Celebrating National Social Work Month